Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bookmarks, MobileMe, duplicate

Well this is totally new Support from what I'm used to.

I'm stuck with how to keep MobileMe from trying to force 11,000 bookmarks from duplicating what it did on my iPhone,

and let it do it to my other machines.

Pop-Up comes up during sync and I always have to hit sync later to pause it basically.

Why is this trying to force the issue, and why can't it see that it is duplicating?

I shouldn't have to uncheck bookmarks from syncing to keep chaos somewhat under control.

I'll say upfront since day one, I hate MobileMe.

I know it's the so called cloud account that makes sync a cool factor, but it's too fragile & out of control.

I paid to simply have software work. It's not my job to fix it.

Instructions from help menus are simply the worst, and are never point by point clear in real time.

Abbreviations for titles don't work for me. It only makes the mission more difficult.

I'm about to load up the MacPro, both laptops, iPhone, and head to Apple and say " it's your job " fix it.

It's been this way for months, so it's time.

I spend a lot of time gathering research to be bookmarked.

At least this is one area that always worked flawless on the old PC.

You could not mess it up if you tried.

If nothing else, I want a software even if I have to purchase it to go through bookmarks and streamline it

to my preferences with main title folders only, vs 10,000 opened child titles making it a chore to find the right spot to enter a new bookmark.

If on the iPhone, you have to scroll through 10,000 entries, and this is totally insane.

Feel Free to steer a frustrated soldier.

Thanks'

MacPro3.1Xeon, 8gb, 4-1TB, 10.6.6, MBP13, PB1.67,2GB,10.4.11, iPh3GS, iOS 4, Cinema 20,23-Blut M/Keys-iTunes9-ATV

Posted on May 6, 2011 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2011 11:33 AM

I'm sorry you are having so many issues with MobileMe.

Somethings to try... open System Preferences / MobileMe then select the Sync tab. Make sure: Synchronize with MobileMe is selected. Click the Advanced button. Select your computer then click: Reset Sync Data then click Done.

If that doesn't work for you then Reset the Sync Services Folder

Also, your profile indicates you are running v10.6.6. Very important to keep system software up to date.

The v10.6.7 combo is available here.

Welcome to the new Apple Support Communities! Looks like you found your way around !

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2011 11:33 AM in response to Philscbx

I'm sorry you are having so many issues with MobileMe.

Somethings to try... open System Preferences / MobileMe then select the Sync tab. Make sure: Synchronize with MobileMe is selected. Click the Advanced button. Select your computer then click: Reset Sync Data then click Done.

If that doesn't work for you then Reset the Sync Services Folder

Also, your profile indicates you are running v10.6.6. Very important to keep system software up to date.

The v10.6.7 combo is available here.

Welcome to the new Apple Support Communities! Looks like you found your way around !

May 6, 2011 4:06 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn Samit wrote:

open System Preferences / MobileMe/ Sync tab.

Synchronize / MobileMe is selected.

Click the Advanced / your computer then Reset Sync Data then click Done,

Welcome to the new Apple Support Communities!

Looks like you found your way around !

Thanks So Much Carolyn,

Performing the ' Reset Sync Data' as we speak -

Chose Computer > Mobile Me.

This will be a God send if it works.

If I could ask, how should I deal with the dual bookmarks already on iPhone.

Or will this 'reset' take care of that when the system is done with sync.

I have to admit, I was lost at first, but this new Support layout looks good.

Cheers and Thanks Again.

bookmarks, MobileMe, duplicate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.