Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac/iPad Pages compatibility

I had purchased iPad pages for the sole purpose of displaying documents that I created on the Mac Pages. I had all kinds of difficulties. The real frustration was twofold. First, I had created the documents by using ONLY the default templates on the Mac. Second, after having difficulties, I created the documents brand new using ONLY the fonts that do exist on the iPad. No good.

I contacted AppleCare and a "senior advisor" confirmed that my Mac documents do not read properly on the iPad. We then created several test documents, which were nothing more than saving a Mac Pages template without changing anything on it. One did display properly on the iPad but three did not!

The senior advisor stated that he would pass the issue to Engineering and would get back to me. After eight weeks, I received no further information whatever so I sent an email to Steve Jobs this morning. He responded almost immediately with "At this time, Pages docs created on a Mac cannot be read on an iPad. We are working on it."

Hmmm...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPad-1 IOS 4.3

Posted on May 6, 2011 9:01 AM

13 replies

May 6, 2011 2:59 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Philly_Phan wrote:

so I sent an email to Steve Jobs this morning. He responded almost immediately with "At this time, Pages docs created on a Mac cannot be read on an iPad. We are working on it."

Hmmm...

I would reply you have got to be kidding me but I know you are not. Do you think it is this a "canned" email? Seems that would be unlikely if the response came back so quickly ... or was he waiting for your email? 😉

Can not be read? Read properly maybe but this response is quite strange.

Mac/iPad Pages compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.