Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Enter Sign on Macbook Pro. 2010 13 inch

Hey Guys,

1.5 years into the life of my MBP and somethings gone wrong. Was getting the Mac out of sleep and it froze so I hard rebooted it, and it went to normal start up and then the Do Not Enter Sign came up and after googling it, tried everything. When i go into Disk Utility from the disc, it doesn't see the hard drive, only sees the disc itself. Weirdly, i dont know if anything's wrong with the hard drive since I have boot camp on the Mac, and I can log windows and even access the Macintosh partition and take files out. if anyone has any ideas, greatly suggested.

thanks.

JM.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), boot camp

Posted on May 6, 2011 2:40 PM

8 replies

May 6, 2011 2:59 PM in response to ThisIsJM

Symptoms

Instead of seeing the Finder or the login window after startup, your computer may stop responding and the display may only show a persistent gray screen (you may also see an Apple logo, spinning gear, spinning globe, prohibitory sign, or a folder with a flashing question mark on it). Note: Follow the below steps

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2570

Do Not Enter Sign on Macbook Pro. 2010 13 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.