Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of endless spinning wheels after iCal "update"?

I "updated" iCal per the several e-mail messages I received from Apple. My online me.com calendar is fine, but the local iCal app shows spinning wheels for both "On My Mac" and "~ME.COM". For hours. Eventually all memory gets used up and Force Quit appears. If I quit everything but iCal, it does not help. Force Quit continues to appear. I would like to download me calendar information from the me.com calendar. Is this possible? My local iCal app is currently useless.

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Epson Stylus Photo 1400

Posted on May 6, 2011 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2011 3:49 PM

CalCuz,

Quit iCal, go to your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist to the Desktop. Then go to the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars Folder and delete any files that are named "Calendar Cache." Log out/in, or restart and see if you can get iCal to open.

User uploaded file

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2011 3:49 PM in response to CalCuz

CalCuz,

Quit iCal, go to your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist to the Desktop. Then go to the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars Folder and delete any files that are named "Calendar Cache." Log out/in, or restart and see if you can get iCal to open.

User uploaded file

May 6, 2011 7:46 PM in response to Ferd II

Thanks. I've already tried this, and tried the procedure again just now. Spinning wheels for the last 4 hours! Force Quit appeared as usual when memory ran out. Still no data in iCal. Thank goodness https://www.me.com/calendar/ still looks OK! Any more ideas? I am really disappointed that I can't seem to get iCal to work. Everything seemed OK before I updated.

How do I get rid of endless spinning wheels after iCal "update"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.