Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Conversion for FCP Help

I've got FLV and MP4 (H.264, AAC) video varying in dimensions, which I need to convert and edit in FCP and eventually prepare for NTSC Television format broadcasting in SD. I am using MPEG Streamclip to convert the files into MOV format, yet would like to know which codec is best to use? I've tried the PRO RES LT codec and it creates a very large mov file and is quite slow to convert. Any suggestions? How about Apple DV/DVCPRO-NTSC?

I would appreciate any help.

Steve

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on May 6, 2011 9:21 PM

2 replies

May 7, 2011 9:20 AM in response to stephen51

As the broadcaster for their deliverable specifications sheet. Once you know what is acceptable as the end product, work backwards.

fwiw - ProResLT in a standard definition raster is not a huge data rate. It is quite reasonable for a 4:2:2 format. In fact, it has a lower data rate than DV50.

If you want to play in the broadcaster game, you can't believe that highly compressed consumer formats constitute "normal".

Good luck.

x

File Conversion for FCP Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.