Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the difference between the trash icon and the file box icon when deleting emails?

What is the difference between the trash icon and the file box icon when deleting emails?

Posted on May 6, 2011 10:25 PM

4 replies

May 7, 2011 6:43 AM in response to jill3269

Meg knows her stuff and I'm not disputing her words but if you are talking about the File Folder Icon with the arrow that points down in the mail app....

If you tap the trash icon while you are reading an email - you can send that email to the trash. It will go to the trash folder in that account.

If you tap the file folder icon while you are reading an email - you can move that email to another folder. All of the appropriate folders that you can move to will pop up if you tap that icon. If you have a saved folder in your account you can move it there. You can retrieve an email from the trash and use that icon to move it back to your inbox. It lets you move emails to different folders.

Message was edited by: Demo

May 7, 2011 2:15 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Normally I defer to those with more experience than I have. I have read a number of your posts and I have learned a good bit from more knowledgable people like yourself. Sometimes it's the way you read a question and interpret the OP's words and you see things in a different light and .... Sometimes you just get lucky!!!

😁

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.