Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No subfolder organisation in Audiobooks folder...help!

Hi folks,

I have just purchased an iPod Classic 160GB. I have audiobooks organised in iTunes 10.2 and they appear in the iTunes Library under the "Books" folder. All well and good.

Now, I have synced all my music and audiobooks to the iPod and I can indeed see the music and audiobooks on the iPod but...in the Audiobooks folder on the iPod there are no subfolders, just a very long list containgin all the audiobook chapters.

My (very reasonable) expectation is that on the iPod the audiobooks would be organised on similar lines to the Music folder (author, album), but I can't seem to find any option to make this so.

I have explored and rejected the following solutions:

* Use search: No, I don't want to use the search facility on the iPod to navigate to my audiobooks.

* Use playlists: No, I do not want to create a playlist for every audiobook.

Please help, as having a single Audibooks folder with all audiobook chapters from all audiobooks is unaccaptable.

Thanks.

iPod classic, Windows Vista

Posted on May 7, 2011 6:21 AM

2 replies

No subfolder organisation in Audiobooks folder...help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.