Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't connect to home wireless network but iMac and iPod can?

My iPad won't connect to my home wireless network this has happened today but my iMac and iPod can, I have switched off my router and tried rebooting but still no good?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Macbook Pro, iPod Touch, iPad

Posted on May 7, 2011 2:16 PM

4 replies

May 7, 2011 2:25 PM in response to Incy

If your mac and iphone are connecting it's unlikey to be a problem with the router. If you've got a password access make sure it's typed in correctly. I pretty much always have to re-do mine because of a mis-type.

You could also try resetting your network settings (Settings > General, then tap Reset > Reset Network Settings) Then try to find the network and join it.

May 7, 2011 11:47 PM in response to Incy

Okay, other options:

Re-sync the iPad

Reset (Hold down the power button and home button until the apple icon appears, about 10 seconds)

This wont delete any of your stuff, don't worry.

Update/Restore your iPad from an iTunes backup - Especially if you've been able to connect wirelessly before hand.

If none of that works, put in a call to Apple support. You should have a free 90 day telephone support option when you got it.

And let me know if you get it fixed!

May 8, 2011 1:41 PM in response to Swebbie Jr

Thanks for all the options you gave me but they didn't work, however when looking at the network settings on all my devices iMac, iPod Touch and iPad the iPad had a different wrong IP address How could this of happened???? Any ideas?

The good thing is though by turning off Airport on my iMac shutting down and restating the correct IP address has been assigned to my iPad now and all is working great.

iPad won't connect to home wireless network but iMac and iPod can?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.