Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing mobile me addresses with iweb

Hi. I am trying to change my iweb account over to my new me.com account. I already have a personal mobile me account, but just purchased a new mobile me account to use for my business. How do I access my account information to change from the first mobile me account to my 2nd one. I want to be able to publish my current iweb pages to my new business moblie me acct.

Thank you very much.

Heather

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 7, 2011 2:21 PM

2 replies

May 7, 2011 3:47 PM in response to anniebear910

Launch System Preferences and go to the MobileMe pane.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

There you will log out of MobileMe and the log back in with the new account user name and password. Now when you publish your site from iWeb it will be publishing to the new MMe account.

If you plan to also publish to the old account then create a new user account on your Mac and log into the old MMe account from there. Move the Domain.sites2 file from the your Users/Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder in the old account to the same folder in the new account.

Turn on fast user switching in the System/Accounts preference pane so it's easy to switch accounts and work on the other web site:

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

OT

May 8, 2011 3:33 AM in response to Old Toad

just an added note to that.... if both sites exist in the same Domain file, make sure that the site you're publishing at that time lives at the TOP of the list in iWeb. Just drag it up. Make sure you're logged into the correct MM account in System Preferences.

(Actually you could avoid the whole business of a second user account on your Mac if you just pay attention to which account you're logged into in the System Preferences and that the corresponding Site is at the top of the list of Sites in iWeb.)

changing mobile me addresses with iweb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.