Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay with Pioneer VSX-1021 (0dB Issue)

So sometimes when I start Airplay on my Pioneer VSX-1021 the receiver volume goes to 0dB (Which is extremely loud, I usually listen around -30 or-25dB) without me doing anything. It did it once when I adjusted the volume in iTunes while using Airplay but other then that it has only been when I first start Airplay.

I was wondering if anyone else has been getting any problems like this?

Thanks,

Matt

MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 15.4 inch, 4GB RAM, 500GB

Posted on May 7, 2011 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 1:46 AM

I have some other issues with the VSX 1021 ...

1) When playing over Airplay, the music stops on the VSX, when looking on the iTunes app on my iPad, the AirPlay connection was dropped. re-selecting the receiver as an AirPlay device solves the silence.

(not AirPlay related)

2) I do not seem to be able to set the volume louder than -20 dB using the iControlAV app

3) I cannot find the iControlAV iPad app (seen it in a Review Video on the internet)

Wouter

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2011 1:46 AM in response to Powerbook_Matt

I have some other issues with the VSX 1021 ...

1) When playing over Airplay, the music stops on the VSX, when looking on the iTunes app on my iPad, the AirPlay connection was dropped. re-selecting the receiver as an AirPlay device solves the silence.

(not AirPlay related)

2) I do not seem to be able to set the volume louder than -20 dB using the iControlAV app

3) I cannot find the iControlAV iPad app (seen it in a Review Video on the internet)

Wouter

Oct 22, 2011 6:02 AM in response to WFWessels

This just happened to me, I was right next to the speaker and it actually hurt my ears.

I've turned sound check off and it hasn't happened again, but this is really bad. Not only is it dangerous for peoples hearing, but airplay seems to have a volitility to it which means I don't really trust it yet.

Hopefully Pioneer issue a software update soon.

Oct 22, 2011 8:38 AM in response to Powerbook_Matt

I've has a play with some settings on my mac and the receiver and it seems to be where itunes is controlling the volume.

The slidy bar in itunes seems to control the receiver in some instances and not in others. In the settings on the receiver there is a max volume cap, I've set mine to -20db. Thats still pretty **** loud since its a log scale.

I've also had a fair few drop outs since the new version of itunes came out for ios5. Its fairly frustrating when £2000 (mac, amp and router) worth of kit decides to play up.

Airplay with Pioneer VSX-1021 (0dB Issue)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.