Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove boot camp partion after windows has been deleted

I have removed windows 7 from my mac book air. however the partition will not be deleted... how can I remove the partition.

iMac

Posted on May 7, 2011 8:53 PM

3 replies

May 7, 2011 9:14 PM in response to revlac

Hi,

Usually the correct way to remove your Windows partition is to use the BootCamp Assistant again which should give you the option to remove the made Windows partition and revert back to one OSX volume.

After that's done a reboot of your Mac might be advisable. After the reboot use the BootCamp Assistant again to make the Windows partition and then install the (hopefully correct) version of Windows.

Only if that's not working (whatever the reason) :

1) boot your Mac from your OSX install DVD

2) choose your language and then 'ignore' (cancel) the installation

3) from the Top Menu (Utilities) start Disk Utility (DU)

4) in DU click on your harddisk (not any partition) in the left pane (the first item listed)

5) in the right pane use the 'Partition'-Tab

6) click to highlight on the ex-Windows partition you want to delete

7) click on the small '-' Button at the bottom

That should delete your former Windows partition

After that's done successfully

8) Drag the partition separator line until it encompasses the entire drive and then select apply.

9) Quit Disk Utility

10) reboot your Mac from your harddisk.

Since you are 'fumbling' with your OSX partition you should consider having/making a backup of it before trying the a.m. procedure. Just in case.

Regards

Stefan

how to remove boot camp partion after windows has been deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.