Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iPad2 WiFi ver won't work with Xfinity TV app

all my downloaded apps work great except for Xfinity TV. The app appears to load completely, but then when I try to open it ...it opens for about 5 seconds (loke it's loading) and then reverts to the desktop. Multiple times I've tried reloading, logging in , logging out, HBO Go app works so I have good connection. Anyone have any ideas? Comcast (Xfinity) help while well meaning isn't really much help.

iPad 2

Posted on May 8, 2011 9:18 AM

5 replies

May 8, 2011 10:05 AM in response to rand p

Try a System Reset:

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears.

A System Reset does not remove any apps, music, movies, etc. nor does it cause any settings to revert back to default.

Also, you might wish to download the iPad-2 User Guide. Pay special attention to page 162. Note that this Guide also applies to the iPad-1 with IOS 4.3 except for those functions that are not supported by the hardware.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

Finally, the User Guide can be downloaded at no charge via iBooks and a less comprehensive version of the Guide is included as a Safari bookmark.

May 8, 2011 10:07 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Philly_Phan

Excellent suggestions ...all (I learned a bit)...but unfortunately the app still doesn't work. I truly believe the App has problems. I'm totally crazy about HBO Go...and it works flawlessly with a huge assortment of programming choices...so I'll maybe try Xfinity again in the future and hope their developers take a lesson from HBO.

May 9, 2011 9:50 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

OK for those interested...I just spoke to a wonderful support person at Comcast who is in the Xfinity TV for iPads app development group. She explained that since last Friday (5/6/11) the Xfinity TV app for iPads has had massive failures across the US. The symptom is exactly as I described in my orig post. The developers know all about it and are working to fix it. (Score one for honesty...I can handle and accept the truth).

Acording to her the outage may vary from place to place across the US, but they hope to have it running in the next 72 hours or less and it may come up in certain areas before others. According to her anyone having this problem need not reinstall or reset their iPads or or the app or do anything except wait until they get the problem fixed.

new iPad2 WiFi ver won't work with Xfinity TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.