Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn on names of images (split screen)

I'm using a split screen and I can't seem to find the control for turning the names of my images back on.

Can anyone tell me where this is controlled from and if it is possible to turn on images for the lower portion of the screen and not for the upper?

I realize I have to read up on this but I am trying to get work done as I go here.

Thanks

Posted on May 8, 2011 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2011 2:07 PM

hotwheels #22 wrote:

Can anyone tell me where this is controlled from and if it is possible to turn on images for the lower portion of the screen and not for the upper?

"u" toggles the Metadata view on/off in the Browser.

"y" toggles the Metadata view on/off in the Viewer.

Add "{Shift}" to toggle between "Basic" and "Expanded" Metadata views when the view is on.

Split View is simply one Browser + one Viewer, both on the screen at once.

There are seven Metadata Overlays. You will want to customize each of them to your needs as soon as you can. The User Manual covers this well.

hotwheels #22 wrote:

I realize I have to read up on this but I am trying to get work done as I go here.

So are the rest of us. 😉

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2011 2:07 PM in response to hotwheels22

hotwheels #22 wrote:

"u" toggles the Metadata view on/off in the Browser.

"y" toggles the Metadata view on/off in the Viewer.

Add "{Shift}" to toggle between "Basic" and "Expanded" Metadata views when the view is on.

Split View is simply one Browser + one Viewer, both on the screen at once.

There are seven Metadata Overlays. You will want to customize each of them to your needs as soon as you can. The User Manual covers this well.

hotwheels #22 wrote:

So are the rest of us. 😉

turn on names of images (split screen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.