3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2011 2:45 PM by d-light
DJWebDUck Level 1 (5 points)

Hi everyone!

I'm low on money and am looking for Aperture plug-ins that can really take editing jpegs to a whole new level. I've scoured the Net and have found only demo versions of software that are really expensive to purchase.

Can anyone suggest some free plug-ins that I can download or suggest some workaround methods found in Aperture 3?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 4GB RAM
  • Kirby Krieger Level 6 (12,510 points)

You have Aperture.  Aperture comes with a very broad, robust set of image development tools.  You can not composite within Aperture (you'll need a graphics program to add data, text, or graphics primitives to your images), but you do most everything else.

(You can add text with the excellent _free_ plug-in, Border FX.)

What is it you are trying to do?  I cannot imagine a level of image development beyond which Aperture can take you (but if you want to do graphics editing, you'll need a graphics program).

• codeoverride Level 1 (0 points)

What photo filters are included in Aperture 3? I downloaded the trial version but didn't see very many option. Looking for vintage, lomo, etc. Am I missing something? Can I download free filters? Thanks!

• d-light Level 1 (45 points)

Regarding "on-board" filters Aperture refines to the classical filters for turning 4c images into black and white, sepia and a few more like cross development, cyanotype and toy camera.

For special photo filters you might have a look at e.g. http://www.apertureexpert.com/presets/

Cheers,

d-light