Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re:iphone 4 not booting past apple logo

hey everyone. I'm having a weird problem my iphone 4. starts up gets to apple logo then shuts off. If unplugged from usb or plug then it shuts off and wont turn on unless plugged in or usb on pc. I try to restore on 4.3.2 but i got 2 different errors 3194 and 1611. I also tried putting it in dfu but once restore starts iphone reboots and puts its self in recovery mode and that stops itunes from completing the restore. Some one told me to try jailbreak which i did but samething happens it just goes to recovery.i also updated latest itunes and tried restore 4.3.3 samething just goes to recovery. Can anyone help pls

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 8, 2011 5:37 PM

11 replies

May 8, 2011 6:21 PM in response to 1mile

Apple will not let you restore to an older firmware. The current firmware is 4.3.3 which Apple is signing now. If you think you have the ability to sign the firmware yourself including older firmwares, then you will have to search the Web, including the term SHSH. The 3194 error is usually due to blocking Apple with your "Hosts" file. If you want Apple to sign the current firmware, check your Hosts file, if there are any lines with "gs.apple.com" delete them.

May 8, 2011 6:55 PM in response to 1mile

No. The Hosts file is a system text file. Do a search for it on your computer and see if gs.apple.com is there in your Hosts file. If so, it is blocking Apple from signing the current firmware (4.3.3). ITunes will not interfere with it, but the gs.apple.com will block iTunes from talking to Apple.

May 8, 2011 7:19 PM in response to brad805

i checked again this what it shows.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

# ::1 localhost

#127.0.0.1

re:iphone 4 not booting past apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.