Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook scrolling on Mac keeps jumping around on its own

Hello all,

Firstly, everything on my Mac is updated and in good order. Other websites work fine.

What happens is that when I'm viewing my Facebook news feed and start scrolling down the page (it then automatically loads new posts) my news feed "jumps". In other words, in doesnt keep in order and it jumbles me up back to stuff I've read.

In other words, somehow, loading the new posts causes my Safari to forget where I am on the page and take me somewhere else.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone got some advice for me? I want to keep using Safari (not too keen on Chrome, etc).

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 8, 2011 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2011 9:31 PM

From your Safari menu bar click Safari / Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If you have any installed, turn that off, quit then relaunch Safari, try FaceBook.

If it's not an Extension issue, from the Safari menu bar click Safari / Reset Safari. Select the top 7 buttons, click Reset. Quit / Relaunch Safari. Try FB.

Just in case, make sure you are running Safari 5.0.5. Click Safari in the menu bar then click About Safari. If it's a prior version, click your Apple menu / Software Update...

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2011 9:31 PM in response to thombecker

From your Safari menu bar click Safari / Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If you have any installed, turn that off, quit then relaunch Safari, try FaceBook.

If it's not an Extension issue, from the Safari menu bar click Safari / Reset Safari. Select the top 7 buttons, click Reset. Quit / Relaunch Safari. Try FB.

Just in case, make sure you are running Safari 5.0.5. Click Safari in the menu bar then click About Safari. If it's a prior version, click your Apple menu / Software Update...

May 27, 2011 6:21 PM in response to thombecker

So, any progress on this problem?

This misbehavior doesn't happen to me only. You can see here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1061722) that there 2 people (besides me) complaining about the same problem. Here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1158732) there is one more.

If you google for it, you'll find more. I do believe there are many people that get annoyed by this issue since this happens to facebook after all, millions of people access it every day.

I think Apple should give this problem higher priority as I'm sure it's inducing people to dislike the already-not-so-popular Safari browser, especially when either Firefox and Chrome don't present it.

Jun 23, 2011 10:15 PM in response to thombecker

I have the same problem that the OP has and others have experienced it as well. It does not happen in Chrome, IE, Firefox, or any other browser. As you scroll down the Facebook news feed and near the end, the feed loads more posts automatically for you. When this happens, the page jumps up at least 10 or so posts causing you to have to go back to see what you missed. This is a problem with Safari as I have a brand new MacBook (2011) and experience the issue only in Safari or using the Fluid.app (which is using a Safari browser).

Like the OP said, try it on your Facebook news feed in Safari. Make sure to scroll slowly as you near the bottom, or else you will miss it.

Facebook scrolling on Mac keeps jumping around on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.