Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up printer for business cards

I purchased iWorks because the Apple guy said I could do business cards like MS Publisher....NOT. I can't seem to find a setting on either of my printers, HP 8100 and Epson N11. Also, I just read how to get the original card on all the boxes. I'm not a math genius nor a level 10 computer whiz. I just want to make some nice cards. (Does it sound like I'm frustrated????)

Thanx

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 8, 2011 10:27 PM

6 replies

May 9, 2011 4:30 AM in response to davidfromanchorage

Dear me, you are frustrated. I don't think the Apple person meant that you could do the cards in the exact same way as in MS Publisher, only that you can make buisness cards.

There are Business card templates in Pages you can use. Go File > New from Template chooser > lokk up a business card you like. Change one of the cards to your liking. Dlelete the other and duplicate you new card and position them.

May 10, 2011 5:17 AM in response to davidfromanchorage

If, like me, you have Pages in iWork '08, and open up the business card selection, you may see that, at the bottom of the page (slightly greyed out) is an Avery reference number (Avery C32011) which is a big clue that the

Business cards are printed to a specific standard, so there's no need for any settings on your printer.

All you need do is:

a: ensure that you select the correct orientation (usually portrait)

b: use at least 200gsm card

c: try not to introduce too much colour as plain black & white is quite sufficient for business cards, and leave the rest to your printer.

how do I set up printer for business cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.