Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Producer 2 problem connecting to server

Hi guys!

Been stuck at this all dam sunday afternoon 😝
Had a server "hang" on friday, that resulted in all kinds of nasty stuff.
Now we have 2 osx servers running xgrid and podcast producers with a xSAN volume in common.
both xgrid and the xSAN became a little strange, and the podcast content hosting went down on both servers.
The xgrid was in full use with 5 videos, they actually restated and got completed. However those new videos are not included in the library.
There are now errors in any logs explaining this.

Now all systems are reporting green.
One big problem though: I cannot connect to the server for content upload with web or the podcast producer app.
Says: "server not available" in the app, and a nasty "500 internal server error" in the upload web interface.
I get this error in pcast producer application log:

Processing WorkflowsController#index (for 129.241.*.* at 2011-05-08 21:03:18) [GET]
Parameters: {"action"=>"index", "language"=>"nb", "version"=>"2", "controller"=>"workflows"}
Rendering default/failed.xml.builder (401)
Filter chain halted as [:authorize] rendered_or_redirected.
Completed in 43ms (View: 0, DB: 28) | 401 Unauthorized [https://**************/workflows?version=2&language=nb][/i]

The google hits tells me this is a SSL problem with Rails... but i have no idea what that means for me in this case 😝

The problem is on both servers, so i suspect the problem being in the Library... maybe a corrupt database.

Now... is there any place the database gets copied or archived for backup? cause i unfortunately did not think about that... and i have no idea what database is relevant here.

"db.sqlite3" ?

I have backup for the system disks at the servers, but unfortunately not for the Podcast volume.

i suspect a library re-sync might bring me my missing video, but with a possible corrupt library/database i don´t want to risk taking down the library for that sync (as the podast hosting still works)

Any ideas would be much appreciated User uploaded file

osx server, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 9, 2011 2:18 AM

There are no replies.

Podcast Producer 2 problem connecting to server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.