Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2008 Unibody: Battery swollen?

Hello.

I have a late 2008, unibody (pre-Pro) MacBook, after warranty (unfortunately). Recently, OS X gave me a battery error, saying basically "Check if everything's okay with your battery because it might be faulty". Didn't look in there for a while (since I've replaced my original 2GB RAM with 4GB), so I was a bit shocked what I've seen - battery got swollen quite a bit and the connectors didn't connect the battery to the computer anymore. It doesn't look as quite as bad as the famous swollen battery in the old MacBook Pros, but pretty close, so I took it out and refuse to use it, since it may harm me and my computer pretty badly if it keeps going like that, I guess.

Anyone has any idea if I can get my battery replaced by Apple even if it's after warranty, since it's obviously a faulty battery, not that I wasn't using it right? I know it used to be the case with old MacBook Pros, so I decided to give it a try. I tried to contact local resellers (we don't have Apple in Poland) but they are pretty useless - basically, buy a new battery or get out.

Macbook Pro 13.3", Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 9, 2011 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2011 8:31 AM

Call Apple Customer Relations (NOT support) and explain it to them. I believe they may replace it.

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
5 replies

Late 2008 Unibody: Battery swollen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.