Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.

Hi friends, I have an issue with my ipod touch since the day i updated it to the version 4.2.1; before it worked wery well and now i get this error "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." I can only open "www.google.com" and "www.apple.com" nothing more... It cannot open www.twitter.com, facebook.com, youtube.com... and i cannot use: the facebook app, windows live messenger, yahoo , messenger... please help me with that...

iPod touch, iOS 4.2, model MB528LL

Posted on May 9, 2011 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2011 10:47 AM

- Have you tried resetting network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- Resetting the iPod:

Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home

button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- If you go to Setting>wifi>the network you are connected to, what DNS server(s) are listed?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2011 10:47 AM in response to Andosonson

- Have you tried resetting network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- Resetting the iPod:

Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home

button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- If you go to Setting>wifi>the network you are connected to, what DNS server(s) are listed?

Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.