Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mail exchange gets stuck

I have a problem with OS X Mail connecting to an Exchange 2010 server. Periodically, the delivery of mail gets "stuck" and I need to quit Mail and restart to get my emails delivered. When I look at the Activity Screen, I see that progress has stopped and it appears stuck.

Intel Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on May 9, 2011 9:15 AM

7 replies

May 24, 2012 7:41 AM in response to Csound1

Recreating the account will not help. My IT people says the problem is poor compatibility between Apple Mail and older versions of MS Exchange server software. They say this problem will not be solved until IT changes the Exchange server for a newer version. I wonder if there is any work around on the user end... It seems this is right because Outlook for Mac works fine. If only Outlook was my elected software!

May 24, 2012 8:09 AM in response to Duartes

Duartes wrote:

Recreating the account will not help. My IT people says the problem is poor compatibility between Apple Mail and older versions of MS Exchange server software. They say this problem will not be solved until IT changes the Exchange server for a newer version. I wonder if there is any work around on the user end... It seems this is right because Outlook for Mac works fine. If only Outlook was my elected software!

As you have not told us what version of Exchange your company has it is not possible to comment. However Exchange 2007 SP1 up to the current 2010 Exchange are properly supported, your IT dept is lazy, or running Exchange 2003, which is not supported.

May 24, 2012 10:53 AM in response to Csound1

I don't know the version of Exchange they are running, but they are IT, so tend to be slow to adopt new versions. It should not matter, since I asked about a work around on the user side. In fact, I may have found that in a separate but related discussion. Simply stopping the spam filter in Apple Mail preferences seem to have worked, as evidenced by the activity window (another tip from a related discussion).

apple mail exchange gets stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.