Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a "custom" rule in Mail?

I want to create a rule that everytime I use a certain signature it auto cc's a certain recipient. There are no options to do this currently is there a way to configure this?

Thanks

dturner608@gmail.com

MAIL-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 9, 2011 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2011 12:58 PM

Rules in Mail are only automatically applied to incoming mail, but even applying it manually I don't think a rule can do this. If you really need it you could write a little Applescript, but you would still have to apply it manually so iy would be as easy to just add the cc yourself.

3 replies

Oct 26, 2011 8:52 AM in response to dturner608

Apple mail rules don't work anyway and Apple has no interest in fixing them. I have one rule: If mail is addressed to a certain recipient, delete it. It doesn't work. You can check all of these forum post and you will find countless examples of thousands of people having the same problem and Apple having no interest in fixing it. You will be told to rebuild your mailboxes, restart mail, delete and recreate the rules, and on and on. None of it works so it's a waste of time to spend time on it.

How do I create a "custom" rule in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.