Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

song could not be located

i'm coming to mac from a pc and between trying to figure out whether to keep my itunes library on my laptop or my desktop machine I seem to have kludged something.

They should all be on my desktop but when I play a song I sometimes get a "could not be located" error with a prompt that asks if I want to locate it. The locate prompt seems to bring me to two folders in the library (likely in the iTunes folder I guess).

I am not sure but I /may/ have deleted the wrong files when I manually went in and started to delete duplicates? Is this possible? Perhaps one file was showing up as not linked but I could see it and I accidentally deleted the song that actually had data in it??

Anyway, is there a good way to get back to a full library without re-importing 100's of CD's or going one by one and locating each and every song?

Thanks for any expert guidance. I'd love to get this one to stop moving...

Thanks

Posted on May 9, 2011 3:55 PM

There are no replies.

song could not be located

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.