Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which iMac to get?

I am getting a new iMac 27 inch. I do not know which configuration to get. I use my current iMac (white half dome, circa June 2002 G4 model) for typical use: email, surf the net, make keynote presentations (a lot) , listen to some music. I am planning to use the new iMac for the same but also to plug in an eye 250 plus and a tv antenna to watch broadband and the Internet to watch internet available tv shows. I am also planning to transfer many VHS tapes, vinyl albums and audio tapes to the new iMac. I am also a heavy user of iPhoto. Any suggestions as to configuration ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 9, 2011 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2011 5:50 PM

Doing audio and video processing is processor intensive. I would suggest the high end processor and as much RAM as you can reasonably afford. A nice chunky big hard drive would be good as well. Remember it is not difficult to add RAM to the machine - the user's guide even tells you how to do it - but changing out the hard drive is difficult and getting a faster processor is impossible.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2011 5:50 PM in response to Robert Siegel

Doing audio and video processing is processor intensive. I would suggest the high end processor and as much RAM as you can reasonably afford. A nice chunky big hard drive would be good as well. Remember it is not difficult to add RAM to the machine - the user's guide even tells you how to do it - but changing out the hard drive is difficult and getting a faster processor is impossible.

Which iMac to get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.