Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv2 says Netflix not available

I have had my apple tv2 for exactly a week now and it has worked flawlessly. Until now. I was watching a movie from netflix and I had to stop watching it, when I tried to restart to watch it I get an error saying Netflix is currently unavailable and to try back later. I tried back later and got the same error. I read some the other discussions and tried their recommendations. I unplugged it for a few hours and that didn't work. I reset the device as well as restored the device and none of the suggestions worked. I check to see if Netflix worked on my computer and my iPad, which they did. All the other streaming services work as does home sharing.

Any ideas as to why I get this "Netflix is currently unavailable and to try back later" message?

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 9, 2011 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2011 3:23 AM

Your Apple tv2 works fine. Netflix was down for a few hours. I could not stream video with my Wii. Some devices I think worked fine and others would not work at all. You should be able to stream with you Apple tv2 today. Netflix said they fixed the problem around 12am on May 10th.

8 replies

Dec 10, 2011 10:10 PM in response to dmule

Hi I've been getting this same error now for about a week on my ATV2 I upgraded my net to a faster speed, bought a new router, restarted everything over and over, called netflix and apple. Apple says they might have to replace the unit because of possible bad firmware. What does this mean, i'm pretty simple when it comes to this stuff. thanks

Dec 12, 2011 5:59 PM in response to dmule

All week my Netflix seem to have insane lag on Apple TV 2. I even plug the router directly into apple tv. Today after I tried to stream Netflix using my ipad 2.This time i turn off mirroring and it work I can stream with little lag. but after 1 episode Netflix just sit there try to buffer the content for like 20min. I turn off airplay on my ipad 2 and try netflix on apple tv2 it give me the message "unavailable". I turn on my xbox 360 it seem fine.

What I think is Apple don't want Apple fans to watch Netflix using apple tv. They wanted you to go pay $5.99 per episode or per movie on their itunes store.

**** you Apple so greedy.

Apple tv2 says Netflix not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.