Skip navigation

MacBook Pro Keyboard problems

254 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2011 3:22 AM by iVmichael RSS
Robbo2010 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 10, 2011 2:53 AM

A few days ago the keyboard froze on my MacBook Pro.  The mouse still worked so I restarted the machine and all was well.

This has happened a couple of times since then, including one episode where the mouse froze as well.  Neither the touchpad nor the Magic Mouse worked; the cursor was frozen.  I was able to reboot by holding the power button down.

I've also had a couple of incidents where the backspace key has jammed.  This has happened in Outlook, causing hundreds of emails to be deleted. 

The major problem is that this is intermittent.  The supplier of the notebook wants to have a look at it - but this is an intermittent problem and only shows up after some hours of use.  I can't afford to have the machine spend a week at the supplier; I need it to work!

What to do?

The machine is only a couple of months old and is still under warranty

Model Name:          MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:          MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name:          Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:          2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors:          1

Total Number Of Cores:          2

L2 Cache (per core):          256 KB

L3 Cache:          4 MB

Memory:          4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed:          4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version:          MBP61.0057.B0C

SMC Version (system):          1.58f16

(As I was typing this, the Enter key stuck.  I was able to stop it by pressing it again.)

• iVmichael Level 6 Level 6 (13,725 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2011 3:22 AM (in response to Robbo2010)

With this sort of hardware problem the only way to sort it out is to let Apple have it for a while to test and fix, there's nothing anyone here can do to resolve it I'm afraid ...

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.