Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Keyboard problems

A few days ago the keyboard froze on my MacBook Pro. The mouse still worked so I restarted the machine and all was well.

This has happened a couple of times since then, including one episode where the mouse froze as well. Neither the touchpad nor the Magic Mouse worked; the cursor was frozen. I was able to reboot by holding the power button down.

I've also had a couple of incidents where the backspace key has jammed. This has happened in Outlook, causing hundreds of emails to be deleted.

The major problem is that this is intermittent. The supplier of the notebook wants to have a look at it - but this is an intermittent problem and only shows up after some hours of use. I can't afford to have the machine spend a week at the supplier; I need it to work!

What to do?

The machine is only a couple of months old and is still under warranty

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C

SMC Version (system): 1.58f16

(As I was typing this, the Enter key stuck. I was able to stop it by pressing it again.)

Posted on May 10, 2011 2:53 AM

1 reply

MacBook Pro Keyboard problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.