Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight camera in MacBook Air is fuzzy and does not focus. Pictures and video are blurry all the time...

I have tried everything, facetime + capture screen, vlc recording, Voila.app, all recordings or captures are blurry.

I am attaching a picture for you to see.

PS: The webcam is clean and there are no prints or any other material covering it.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air 13", Mac OS X (10.6.6), 128SSD 4GB RAM

Posted on May 10, 2011 4:45 AM

2 replies

Aug 24, 2011 8:36 AM in response to saibarspeis

1) The current MacBook Airs do not have an iSight camera.

2) The implementation of the camera in the MacBook Air is called a "Facetime Camera", and is not HD.

3) According to Apple, the physical size restrictions of the very thin display prevent Apple from using an iSight camera.

The "Facetime Camera" on the MBA is smaller in size than even the camera in an iPhone. Whether or not Apple could have used a higher quality camera, if cost was not an issue, is unknown. Suffice it to say that Apple says they can't currently incorporate an iSight (quality wise) camera in the MBA.

My camera and everyone else's produces a similar image to what you have displayed. The fuzziness is mainly due to a low resolution image being displayed larger than the actual image pixel dimensions.

iSight camera in MacBook Air is fuzzy and does not focus. Pictures and video are blurry all the time...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.