Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got halfway through a restore and realized I don't have install disc 2.

I thought it was a one disc deal when I started, but it's asking for install disc 2 and I realized it's install disc 2 for another computer/OS version. I just bought a new Mac Pro and decided to restore the old one to factory settings and then upgrade the OS to Leopard. I already wiped the HD and got through the first installation CD. What are my options at this point? I can't get out of the installer, and I don't have a disc 2 to give it. I thought disc 2 was iLife stuff which I would be fine with buying separately, or even doing without since it's just going to go from my work computer to a family computer. Is there somewhere I can buy disc 2? What would happen if I restarted right now? Would it work? I'm feeling rather stupid for getting myself into this mess.

Thanks

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 10, 2011 7:41 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2011 10:22 AM in response to wwweber

You can get replacement System Install & Restore CD/DVDs from Apple's Customer Support - in the US, (800) 767-2775 - for a nominal S&H fee. You'll need to have the model and/or serial number of your Mac available.

If you're not in the US, you may need to go through the regional Apple Store that serves your location to find the contact number. Here's a list of links to all of those - http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/intlstoreroutingpage.html Another resource: International Support Phone #s.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

I got halfway through a restore and realized I don't have install disc 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.