Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update Front Row !

Help !! I've been using Mac's for sometime now and I have to admit this problem has stumped me. It's the every progressing debate of Front Row not updating.

I have a library of some 100 TV Shows that I own on DVD, have slowly been ripping them onto my external HD. Whenever I have put them into Itunes, they have always landed in Movies, I have then changed the media Type to TV Show and they have gone into the right place on iTunes. However with the addition of a new iMac which runs FR, unlike my old one, I've been using that. However, I cannot get FR to update the movie list correctly, and it's still showing the TV Shows, even tho I have moved them into TV Shows.

This therefore means I have a listing in Movies, and a listing in TV Shows .. how do I get FR to update !!! It's a great little program, but this is really frustrating me. There is no duplication in iTunes, so why is there in FR ..

PS .. I'm now computer geek, so please write answers suitable for a three year old !!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 10, 2011 11:19 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2011 3:06 PM in response to PatchMac

If you are running Snow Leopard you will already have the latest version of Front Row.

But keep those videos out of iTunes!

The way to do what you want is to store the DVDs as TS-folders on your external hard drive (presumably connected by firewire) and place an alias of each folder in your Movie folder in your internal hard drive.

Now Front Row can find them and play them.

Can't update Front Row !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.