7 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 2:46 PM by Jordy Nuyts
Ben Low Level 1 (45 points)

So I've got a long solid line making a graph with ups and downs.  I want to delete some of the 'points' in the graph, make fewer points.  I can't seem to figure out how to delete individual points, yet I know I've done it before.

All ears...

Ben

• Jordy Nuyts Level 1 (60 points)

What do you mean with "points"? Do you have a screenshot?

• Ben Low Level 1 (45 points)

Hi Jordy, This will be my first time at importing a screenshot into a Forum message, I hope it works.

It's when you use the last shape tool in the set ... the one to create shaped lines: you click every time you change directions with the line ... you end up with a whole collection of 'points' that you can move, or double click to create Bezier nodes for curving.  It's those 'points' I want to be able delete, without deleting the whole line, or the other points.  Hey, this is cool, and smart!!  It works.  So you can see the line.  I've highlighted one point in the middle.  I want to delete that point, say, without losing the others.  What can I do?

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 2.22.51 PM.png

Hi Ben! Thanks for your answer!

You have selected the option to draw a free shape. The dots automatically go away when you click on the first one or press Escape. Normally, it's okay then.

If it's not, don't hestitate to ask further information. Good luck!

EDIT

I'm sorry, I think I have misunderstood. When you want to delete a point. Just click it and then press the backspace button.

Message was edited by: Jordy Nuyts

That I know, thank you Jordy, what I'm trying to do is 'delete' a single point, or several points ... without losing the line or all the other points in the line.

I'm sorry, Ben. I think I've misunderstood. Please read my EDIT in my previous post.

Super cool Jordy, thank you most kindly.  Who would have figured!  A backspace.

Very much appreciated,

Ben

You're welcome, Ben! It's as easy as ABC.

Please don't hestitate to contact me for further information.

Have a nice day!