Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone bought in US - warranty in Ireland

Hi There,

I bought an officially unlocked/unbranded iphone 4 in the US last week, it was from an AT&T retailer (not AT&T) themselves it was called Midtown Mobiles in NYC (the credit card slip was to Wireless Warehouse)

The box was sealed and I asked them to check my Irish sim in it before I paid just to be sure, so it was activated in front of me in the shop and everything worked OK, the phone is perfect

What I was wondering was, should a problem happen down the line will it be OK to bring the phone back to the apple shop in Ireland for repair? assuming its within one year of the date on the receipt

The IMEI starts with 01265

Thanks very much

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 10, 2011 8:24 PM

2 replies

May 11, 2011 4:28 AM in response to LukeAdam

LukeAdam wrote:

Hi There,

I bought an officially unlocked/unbranded iphone 4 in the US last week, it was from an AT&T retailer (not AT&T) themselves it was called Midtown Mobiles in NYC (the credit card slip was to Wireless Warehouse)

It is impossible to buy an unlocked iPhone in the US. No such device exists in the US. What you bought was either an iPhone imported from a country that sells them unlocked or a "hacked" device.

Regardless, iPhone warranties are country specific (Except in the EU).

You might want to check here for warranty status. The date of sale on the receipt has no bearing.

iphone bought in US - warranty in Ireland

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.