Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not local keyboard at login - cannot fix

at logging my keayboard is set to us when I'm using a french one and my prefs are (supposed to be?) set with this. Once in my session the keyboard setting is OK.

Only Apple technical note about this issue is referring to custom desktop pictures and I'm not using any.

I've tried logging in as root and alter root's prefs with no result.

Then I went the harsh way ( I've got another issue of Safari crashing at closure and other signs of corrupt system files, but re-installing OS X on the same drive didn't cure, obviously the faulty resources are retained in the re-install process).

I started up a new partition with fresh install and that was fine, it stopped being when I agreed on transferring system settings.

Which setting .plist .prefs file(s) should I delete then to get back to normal ?

Thanks

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 10.6.7 now

Posted on May 10, 2011 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2011 3:01 AM

Go To

System Preferences -> Accounts

User uploaded file

Check "Show input menu at login" should display a flag at login windows to switch the keyboard layout.

2 replies

not local keyboard at login - cannot fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.