Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dmg not recognized on snow leopard 10.6.6 :(

Hello,

I'm having trouble with two of dmg's I've downloaded. I'm not sure if it's because I'm running on snow leopard. When I click to get them mounted these pop-up:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

My other dmgs worked, however. Here are the solutions I've tried, to no avail:

If there are any apps or internal solutions that could help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance! 🙂

13, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, 4GB 1333MHz, 500GB 5400-rpm1, In

Posted on May 11, 2011 12:44 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2011 6:03 AM in response to knodding

knodding wrote:

Did you end up fixing this issue? I am trying to download the same .dmg and can't seem to get it to work.

I don't know about you, but I checked that I had the system requirements neccessary and I do, but still no go.

Yup, I did. Turns out I just had to disable the admin privileges for the Applications folder since I had it locked with a pword. You'll just have to go to Applications Folder > right click > Get Info > Change sharing permissions to 'read & write".

Which dmg are you trying to download? I just copied the kerkythea file from my friend. The one on the site was corrupted. Send me your email and I can send you the uncorrupted one. 🙂

Jul 2, 2011 6:39 AM in response to lishechen

Thanks for replying so quickly!

It was the xcode322_2148_developerdvd.dmg. I decided to give the site one last chance and I got it to work even without changing admin priveleges. The first three times I just hadn't waited long enough for it to load apparently (watch your downloads window noobs), but I have no clue what was going on the next five times I tried.

On the other hand, I still can't find the files I'm looking for to verify I have what I need for macports :/

dmg not recognized on snow leopard 10.6.6 :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.