Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I rasterize fonts in keynote?

I'm trying to export my keynote but ugly windows won't get my nice fonts. How do I do? It took me a while to find out that powerpoit only manages wave sound files but I can't find what to do with tipography. Is there any way to avoid changes depending what types the user have instaled? Thanks

Posted on May 11, 2011 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2011 9:11 AM

In Keynote, no there is no way to avoid font changes if the other users don't have that font on their computer. You could export as either a .pdf or a Quicktime movie. Then you don't have to worry about fonts. Depending on your Keynote it may cause some other issues.

3 replies

May 11, 2011 2:17 PM in response to peep jordan

I should have added that you can change the just the text boxes into images if you still want to be able to have some animation on the screen. You can copy the text box in Keynote, open Preview and command-n (or File>New from Clipboard), copy in Preview and then paste back into Keynote. This will paste the text box back into Keynote as a .pdf and this way if there is any animation you would still be able to have that.

I also should have added that if you just want to export the whole slide, you can do that to an image in the Share Menu>Export>Images, and it will save each slide as an individual image. Then you can drag and drop into the Thumbnail Viewer of a new Keynote and it will automatically add them to a new slide.

Sorry I didn't add these to my first post, but if you have to do this again, hopefully this will help save some time.

Can I rasterize fonts in keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.