Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Mailbox

Is there a way to delete my trash without deleting the mail in my Smart mailbox?

Posted on May 11, 2011 3:54 AM

7 replies

May 11, 2011 4:35 AM in response to narya

I have several smart mailboxes on my home desktop Mac. I have comcast. When I delete those emails from my regular folder on the desktop and also empty the trash they also delete from my smart box which bugs me. I want to save them but keep the separate from my regular box. Secondly, none of my smart mailboxes show up as folders on my new iphone4. I cannot move mail to anything but trash making it impossible to save unless I leave it in the inbox and that fills daily with 500+ emails! So for some reason the only way I can sAVE emails in my comcast account is to keep them in the inbox. Yahoo account allows me to see folders and move emails, not comcast. Gonna call them but I feel like I'm missing a setting or something here?

Jul 30, 2015 6:45 AM in response to NML5000

NML5000 wrote:

I have several smart mailboxes on my home desktop Mac. I have comcast. When I delete those emails from my regular folder on the desktop and also empty the trash they also delete from my smart box which bugs me. I want to save them but keep the separate from my regular box. Secondly, none of my smart mailboxes show up as folders on my new iphone4. I cannot move mail to anything but trash making it impossible to save unless I leave it in the inbox and that fills daily with 500+ emails! So for some reason the only way I can sAVE emails in my comcast account is to keep them in the inbox. Yahoo account allows me to see folders and move emails, not comcast. Gonna call them but I feel like I'm missing a setting or something here?

Setup your Comcast account as IMAP (like your Yahoo account) instead of POP (as it is now)

Jul 30, 2015 10:36 AM in response to NML5000

Create a rule for those emails that will move them to a separate mailbox that you created when the first arrive\. That way they never get to the Trash and won't be deleted.

Also create a smart mailbox named "Unread" with the following criteria.

User uploaded file

That way you'll see all new email no matter where they are located, the inbox, your special mailbox, the Trash, etc.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Smart Mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.