Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i do offline synchronization for profiles like AD?

I'm new to the "setting up a domain" world.

i've successfuly created a domain and added a few users using afp share point as home destination with kerberos.

Everything works pretty perfect so far though before setting the system into full production mode i'm testing possible downsides.

for example:

1. Laptops being taken outside of the network

2. LAN trouble.

in both cases, users will not have access to their files and if a user was already logged in and got off network, than the entire system will hang (obviously as it lost it's connection to the home directory)

So i'm looking for a fix to that..

after searching a bit online i've found that with AD there's an option to do offline synchronization.

where a user can use his macbook/imac for example and once he plugs back into the mother network it'll sync with the server where i can pick who wins (server side profile or laptops)

Is there anyway i can set that with mac server's open directory?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Best,

--Roland

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 11, 2011 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2011 10:42 AM

Hi

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/User_Management_v10.5.pdf

Chapter 8, Page 131. If your server is already a robust and effective OD Master with all that that means, simply select the User or Group (assuming you have multiple users assigned to a Group?) and click on the Preferences Icon and select the Mobility Icon. Explore the settings and play with these as seems appropriate to you.

HTH?

Tony

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2011 10:42 AM in response to rolandah

Hi

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/User_Management_v10.5.pdf

Chapter 8, Page 131. If your server is already a robust and effective OD Master with all that that means, simply select the User or Group (assuming you have multiple users assigned to a Group?) and click on the Preferences Icon and select the Mobility Icon. Explore the settings and play with these as seems appropriate to you.

HTH?

Tony

Can i do offline synchronization for profiles like AD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.