Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a color management problem. I have OS X v 10.5, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, and an Epson Stylus Photo R800. I want to print images I have scanned on a Epson Perfection 1660 Photo and corrected in Photoshop and get the colors accurate.

i have a color management problem. I have OS X v 10.5, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, and an Epson Stylus Photo R800. I want to print images I have scanned on a Epson Perfection 1660 Photo and corrected in Photoshop and get the colors accurate.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 11, 2011 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2011 3:25 PM

My advice would be to stick with the Generic RGB Profile throughout.

Also, check out the application ColourSync in your Utilities folder.

2 replies

May 13, 2011 6:24 AM in response to pippinart

I used the ColorSync utility to verify, and it came back with this report:

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SPR800_Core.plugin/Contents /Resources/ICCProfiles/SPR800 Standard.icc

Tag 'dmnd': Tag size is not correct.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/CoatedFOGRA27.icc

Tag 'desc': Tag size is not correct.

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/ICCProfiles/Standard.profiles/Contents/Res ources/Epson IJ Printer.icc

Tag 'dmnd': Tag size is not correct.

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SPR800_Core.plugin/Contents /Resources/

I did not know what to do next. At the bottom of the window it said to go to www.apple.com/colorsync to find a tutorial. I got a message saying that link does not work. Tried to find the tutorial by searching at apple.com, but could not seem to locate it. Does anyone know what the report above means and what I should do about it?

Also, how to find that tutorial?

Re Using RGB all the way through, When I print from Photoshop Elements, I select Adobe RGB, Photoshop Manages under "Color Handling", Relative Colometric under "Intent" and "ColorSync" i the Epson printer box. Do you mean to do something different in this sequence?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.