Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with iPod Touch and latest update (4.3.3)?

I recently updated my iPod Touch 3G to 4.3.3. Before updating, I had absolutely no issues. Since updating, the iPod will shut off at will, sometimes flickering, sometimes going straight to the "slide to shut down" screen. Sometimes it will shut down in the middle of an app, I'll start it back up, and it will shut down again immediately. Occasionally, when I start it up after crashing, it will make the camera shutter sound! And there's no camera on this iPod!

Possible extenuating circumstance: I upgraded from a Power PC iMac to an Intel iMac at the same time I updated the software on the iPod. I have read the suggestions and the troubleshooting guide, and nothing has helped so far. I wiped the iPod clean and reinstalled and all that did was wipe out my settings (of course). Resyncing the iPod worked (apps and music loaded fine), but still it shuts down without warning. I tried installing a new free app, but that didn't work.

Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out these sorts of issues, but I'm at my wits end. Is anyone else having these problems? Am I screwed?

iPod touch

Posted on May 11, 2011 1:41 PM

7 replies

May 11, 2011 5:24 PM in response to Craig Williams

Okay, so now I have read that you have to install a free app through the phone, not through the computer. I've done so and it looks like everything is good for now. Keeping my fingers crossed. My question now, is that if this is a common occurance with the 4.3.3 update, why did Apple imply that I needed to wipe my iPod clean when this was the much easier and less invasive answer?

Issues with iPod Touch and latest update (4.3.3)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.