Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering old photos from ipod to computer?

Hi, well after literally months of not being able to find my old ipod video (I don't think the model matters), I found it today. Since I had gained a lot of new music and stuff in itunes since then, I immidiately synced the ipod. It gave me a message saying something like "The photos on this ipod are from another iphoto library, would you like to sync them anyway and lose the ipod's photos?" and of course I said no, not knowing what I could delete. Well, after the sync finished, I looked and found a lot of great and sentimental pictures, like of relatives' babies and etc.

I do have a different iphoto library than when last synced because I had laptop issues and had to do a factory reinstall, and must not have backed up my photos. The good thing is that they're all saved on my ipod! So, my question is, how would I go about backing up the photos in the ipod onto my computer, so that I could just sync my current iphoto library while not losing the old photos?

Thanks for helping!

Posted on May 11, 2011 5:46 PM

1 reply

Transfering old photos from ipod to computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.