Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacker problems so I reloaded Snow Leopard. Afterwards, Mac had to delete 798 items. Now looping on 4 items to delete for the past 2 weeks. Can't reboot, reload, or restart. I have to let the battery run down for it to turn off. How to fix this, please?

I had hacker problems so I reloaded Snow Leopard. Afterwards, Mac had to delete 798 items. Now it is looping on 4 items to delete for the past 2 weeks. I can't reboot, reload, or restart. I have to let the battery run down for it to turn off. I think a big part of the problem is that someon one the internet (the hacker) was mirroring my hard drive. It seems to have locked up my system. I could be wrong about this guess, though. All I do know is that it is now looping on the last 4 iems, and I can't do anything.

Well, I can get it to turn on, but all it does is continously try to delete the last 4 items. When I try to reload Snow Leopard, it tells me my hard drive is full and that I need to delete items.

Can anyone help? I am so lost without my Mac. I am back on the PC, and though it works, I'm sure many of you will understand when I say it's just not a Mac.

Thanks.

Mac Air

Posted on May 11, 2011 7:50 PM

4 replies

May 11, 2011 8:57 PM in response to Chakra1

I think a big part of the problem is that someon one the internet (the hacker) was mirroring my hard drive.

They were doing what exactly? How do you know that your machine was compromised? To be honest, I've re-read your post about 3 times and I still don't quite understand what you're trying to explain. So let's try this:

How did you install Snow Leopard? Are you using an external DVD drive or Remote Disc?

If you do a complete erase & install of Snow Leopard, what happens? Can you elaborate what these 798 items are? How did they get there if you did a reload? The trash is empty on a clean install.

May 12, 2011 6:06 PM in response to JasonFear

I installed Snow Leopard using my Apple external Superdrive. I followed directions I found on the Apple site. Here is the article info: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install

Article HT3910

located at: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910

Everything was going smoothly until I got to the reinstall part. I had to choose to reinstall on a hard drive or network drive. I've never used a network drive; just the hard drive. It seems that's where the troubles began. I selected the hard drive. It seemed to go well, and then I got the message that I needed to delete some files because I was out of space. I chose to get rid of my music files, but, there were only 636. I don't know what the rest of the files were. I was using the Secure Empty Trash command.

That was my first time doing an erase and install. I tried to do it again, but I now get a continuous error telling me that my hard drive is full and I must delete files. Only I can't delete files because 4 files are still being deleted and my computer won't let me stop the process.

I found out about the hackers mostly by the fact that whenever I used to watch something like Hulu or Netflix, I never had problems with internet connection or speed. Lately, I had internet connection problems. I went in to check my settings for my internet provider and found out the settings had been changed to public and all these extra computers were connected to my network.

Hacker problems so I reloaded Snow Leopard. Afterwards, Mac had to delete 798 items. Now looping on 4 items to delete for the past 2 weeks. Can't reboot, reload, or restart. I have to let the battery run down for it to turn off. How to fix this, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.