Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keep failing with Can't Find Server message

Hi All

I hope you can help me as I can't find answer on the support pages.

For about the last week I have been having a problem with Safari. After about 4 or 5 pages it hits a wall with "Can't find Server" message.

These are legitimate sites and after closing Safari and reloading the page will normally work - but again I get through a few web pages and then Safari fails again. It also feels slower than normal but that could be just my frustration.

Have reset, cleaned cache, checked proxies, set up another use account and it still happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

iMac 27in 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 12, 2011 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2011 5:46 AM

If Safari is getting very slow:

(Presumably you regularly empty your Safari cache by deleting the following file:

Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/[b]cache.db[/b]

and clear your History)

Adding Open DNS codes to your Network Preferences, should give good results in terms of speed-up as well as added security:

[b]If you are using a single computer:[/b] Open System Preferences/Network. Double click on your connection type, or select it in the drop-down menu, and in the box marked 'DNS Servers' add the following two numbers:

(You can also enter them if you click on Advanced and then DNS)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2011 5:46 AM in response to HerbiePotts

If Safari is getting very slow:

(Presumably you regularly empty your Safari cache by deleting the following file:

Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/[b]cache.db[/b]

and clear your History)

Adding Open DNS codes to your Network Preferences, should give good results in terms of speed-up as well as added security:

[b]If you are using a single computer:[/b] Open System Preferences/Network. Double click on your connection type, or select it in the drop-down menu, and in the box marked 'DNS Servers' add the following two numbers:

(You can also enter them if you click on Advanced and then DNS)

Safari keep failing with Can't Find Server message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.