3 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2011 8:33 PM by hotwheels 22
hotwheels 22 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've read a couple of suggestions here in the Pages section and am hoping someone can help me out further.

I am constantly creating pdf's in mac which are apparently too big to send in an email. I don't like the idea that they are big but it is a major problem if I can't get them out via email. I create these in Preview and in Pages (primarily I think).

1. Is there a way to downsize an existing pdf that is sitting on my desktop?

2. Is there a way to make sure or set a default in Pages or Preview so that I am not constantly creating docs that I can't send via email?

3. Am I correct in thinking that a 28 page document with images may be too big to send via email or what is the limitation that is happening here? I have access to an ftp upload site but I never recall having a problem sending large pdf's with lots of images in the way I am now. For instance, I have a four page contact sheet in pdf that I can't get out to a client....

Thanks for any help, leads etc.

- Jon

• Level 8 Level 8 (41,780 points)

If you Export as PDF thru the Share menu, you have three levels of quality.

Check if the lower one fit your needs.

You may also create a ColorsSync filter using a low resolution.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) 12 mai 2011 16:50:15

• fruhulda Level 6 Level 6 (15,120 points)

How large are they in Mb?

• hotwheels 22 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi fruhulda,

I have to close out my old threads because I have to register with a different user name. The "#" is wreaking havoc with the site.

I think I am slowly putting this together. Apparently the deal is that I scanned four pages and printed to pdf. They ended up as 45 MB.

I now Print to Preview which seems much smaller. Not sure if I should drop the dpi from 200 on the scan but things seem to be coming together on this.

In short, thanks for your help.

- Jon