Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal can't move events between Calendars on an iCal (CalDAV) Server

I am working with somebody to resolve a problem with iCal / CalDAV where they are unable to move events from one calendar to another. We had an invalid or corrupted calendar event which prevented the WikiServer calendars from being displayed. Exporting the calendars, nuking them on the server and re-importing them fixed that issue but they've had this new one ever since:

When a user attempts to move a calendar event they get this message:

"The request for “New Event” in “[CalendarName]” in account “[AccountName]” failed.

The server responded with

“HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway”

to operation CalDAVMoveEntityQueueableOperation."

Everything else appears to be operating normally.

I don't see that anything is appearing in the server logs at all when this error occurs. I noticed a few post from last year about the exact same issue, but nobody posted their resolution. Any ideas?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Server

Posted on May 12, 2011 12:15 PM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2011 6:15 AM in response to NeonetTim

you can "solve" this issue doing the following:

1) In the error dialog select the keep offline option.

2) Copy the Event

3) Reconnect to the server and the in the error dialog select the revert to server option.

4) Paste the Event

It is f* boring, but works. I hope that the new Lion iCal come with this solved.

"one more thing": there will be 2 events on the server but with diferent calendars

Sep 2, 2011 8:14 PM in response to NeonetTim

I am having a similar problem.

The mystifying part is that the error happens on one computer, but not on another. As far as I can tell, the settings are the same on each machine. The error appears on an iMac on the same local network as the server. It does not appear on a MacBook Pro, either on that same network or remote.

Any ideas about what might cause different behavior on different machines?

Thanks,

Willhaus

iCal can't move events between Calendars on an iCal (CalDAV) Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.