Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro RAID problem

I have a newer (last winter) Mac Pro with the Apple RAID card. I am using four SATA drives in a 0+1 array.

I have just been stuck in a reboot loop and had to disassemble my CD bay to get the drive open so I could insert my OS X install disc and try to recover.

During this reboot loop one of the keyboard options I tried was CMD-OPT-P-R. Now that I have booted to the OS X install disc, OS X and the Disk Utility cannot see my hard disk or partition. I am guessing this is due to the reset NVRAM.

Problem is, the RAID utility says I have no RAID card. How do I proceed and avoid re-building the array from scratch?

Thanks,

J.

New (Aug 2010) Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 8-core Xeon, 16G ECC RAM, 0+1 RAID

Posted on May 12, 2011 3:19 PM

3 replies

May 12, 2011 5:05 PM in response to The hatter

I am not sure what you mean - I have been using 0+1 on my Mac RAID card for months without an issue. I'm totally shocked that I can't install Windows on this drive set.

The problem I was having that caused me to start this thread is the RAID utility didn't see the card any more when I booted to the system DVD.

H.

Mac Pro RAID problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.