3 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2011 1:29 PM by ambelgra
ambelgra Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I think I've asked this question twice and I have yet to get a solution that even acknowledges what I'm talking about or a solution that isn't a canned/pre-made response. And I'm really upset about this matter.

 

When you open iTunes, a little box comes up that says "an update is available" and you're given two buttons, either to Download the update or to NOT download the update. For the last 2 years, on 2 different computers, I have clicked the download update button and gotten no response from the iTunes program. And I keep asking why it keeps happening. And I will be quite honest, I DO NOT WANT to go to Apple.com to download the update. Because I shouldn't have to. But it seems nobody knows what I'm talking about or has never heard of this issue. Or the only solution any problem is to uninstall the entire program and manually download the program from the site. I shouldn't have to do this. I want this issue fixed. Or at least for someone to say we're working on this exact issue or that we know what you're talking about.


Acer, Windows Vista, laptop
  • b noir Level 9 Level 9 (72,020 points)

    I'm afraid you're not talking to Apple folks here. We're a user to user troubleshooting forum. If you want to give feedback that an Apple person is guaranteed to read, you could try the feedback form:

     

    http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

     

    ... unfortunately, as they say on the form:

     

         Use the form below to send us your comments. We read all feedback carefully, but please note that we cannot respond to the comments you submit.

     

    If you're really keen on submitting a trackable bug report, then you could register for free as an Apple developer:

     

    http://developer.apple.com/programs/register/

     

    ... and then you'd be able to submit bugs via the Apple Bug Reporter:

     

    http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/

  • diesel vdub Level 7 Level 7 (21,975 points)

    ambelgra wrote:

     

    I think I've asked this question twice and I have yet to get a solution that even acknowledges what I'm talking about or a solution that isn't a canned/pre-made response. And I'm really upset about this matter.

    Yet you are posting another question about the same issue.  Funny, I thought repeatedly doing the same thing but expecting a different response was the definition of insanity.

     

     

    ambelgra wrote:

     

    I DO NOT WANT to go to Apple.com to download the update. Because I shouldn't have to.

    Well, okay... I can kind of agree with that statement.  However, you've been dealing with this for 2yrs, why continue wasting time instead of just installing the newest version from the apple website?

     

     

    ambelgra wrote:

     

    Or the only solution any problem is to uninstall the entire program and manually download the program from the site. I shouldn't have to do this. I want this issue fixed. Or at least for someone to say we're working on this exact issue or that we know what you're talking about.

     

    So you do not want help?  You keep saying you shouldn't have to do this or don't want to do this, what do you want?

    We are just users, we try to offer solutions.  But if you do not want our help or do not want to take a little time to troubleshoot your own issue, why the heck are you here?

     

    You can try helping yourself by installing the latest version of iTunes.

    You can try some of the troubleshooting that can be found on Apple's website using the search feature.

    You can call Apple support and they will be happy to charge you to walk you through the same troubleshooting that is on their site.

    Or, you can simply uninstall iTunes and move on with your life.  No one is forcing you to use it.

  • ambelgra Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    thanx. I'm gonna do that cuz this is so annoying that this issue persists....