Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep my music videos organized on disk?

Hi All

I have recently started ripping some of my music dvds to disk so that I can play them on iPhone or ATV2. I rip each chapter separately as a "track" so that I can pick and choose which song I'd like to watch. However, I noticed that the iTunes is behaving very strange as I'm working on them.

So - you buy a music video or album with videos included from iTunes... iTunes puts all the files in the Music folder under the artist and album... cool. I'd like to do the same with videos I add.

I have Keep Organized and Copy Files to My Media Library both checked.

So when I add a music video - mostly untagged at this point - it stuffs it in the Movies library. Ok... I see that.

So I go thru the effort of tagging them, putting the titles on them, assigning an artist and album artist, and also the album.

I then select Media Type "Music Video"

If I do edits in bulk at this point, iTunes freezes and I have to terminate it via Task Manager.

If I go more cautiously, it might work and I can now see my videos under the music library (in iTunes) by artist/album.

So on disk... why is it still under the movies folder or where ever I had added it from? Why is it not keeping it organized? I've spent several frustrating hours working on this... so am I doing something wrong? I like organized. It keeps me sane. ish.

Win 7 x64

iTunes 10.2.2.12

Intel Quad Core

6GB Ram

Thanks for your help.

Posted on May 12, 2011 11:46 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2011 7:06 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks tt2.. I have been reluctant to run the upgrade outside of the Apple automatic uograde process... but went on to do it today as itunes is acting funky.

When I ran the x64 installer though, it made no reference to it being an "upgrade"... and so I got nervous and bailed.

How can I tell if I have the x64 versions installed? Help.. About.. only states the app version.

I was contemplating a uninstall / re-install to ensure I have the x64... but I don't particularly want to go through pain of recreating playlists, etc. And the instructions I have seen seem to neglect the iPhone backups.. are they removed on uninstall?

Thoughts?

May 16, 2011 7:49 AM in response to ChrisH-Ipod

Hi Chris, I would think that the iTunes download page would offer you the correct installer, but to be on the safe side the 64-bit version is here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1047

iTunes is always delivered as a complete installation package rather than a upgrade patch. You just install the latest version over the top of the existsing one. None of your exisitng preferences should be changed, iPhone backups remain intact and if the new build updates the library structure your old library file is backed up in the Previous iTunes Libraries folder before being used to create the new version.

tt2

How do I keep my music videos organized on disk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.