Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased TV show artwork isn't downloading

Beginning about a week, week and a half ago whenever I purchase a TV show from the iTMS, the show/episode downloads just fine however the artwork is apparently not downloading or at the very least not saving. There is no artwork that appears for these episodes when viewing all TV shows in grid view. TV shows I've purchased in the past all have artwork displaying properly, but not anything bought after the 30th of April. User uploaded file

Further when I "get info", the "Artwork" tab is completely grayed out.

User uploaded file

I have about half a dozen TV episodes this is affecting. Ideas??!??!?!

Thanks.

Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on May 13, 2011 2:25 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2011 5:24 AM in response to G[H]etto|Dalai|Lama

This has also affected me recently, movies and TV shows bought through iTunes are missing the album artwork, Even when viewed outside of iTunes in finder i just the generic icon not the show artwork as normal.

Now i purchased a show via my apple TV 1, and transfered the purchases from there back to iTunes and it had the artwork present, so the issue is within iTunes and how its downloading the content it seems,

Out of curiosity, is your iTunes library local, or on a remote or USB/Firewire drive ?

Mine is on a USB drive hanging off the back of my Time Capsule as my library is rather large, and im wondering if that is having something to do with it.

May 28, 2011 12:30 PM in response to MarkBorton

I've also experienced this problem. I contacted Apple and they recommended uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes from my Mac Mini. After doing the uninstall/reinstall, iTunes would download artwork and meta data. My library is on an external NAS drive. After the reinstall, the library defaulted to my local drive. I changed the library to point to my external NAS drive, and re-downloaded one of my purchased shows and the file downloaded without wallpaper or meta data. I bet the wallpaper and meta data would download if I point to a local library.

Jun 6, 2011 12:16 AM in response to G[H]etto|Dalai|Lama

This exact issue began for me after updating to iTunes 10.2.2 in mid-May. Until then, everything was saved properly on my NAS through iTunes with no issue. Now that I've contacted iTunes support, they suggested the same thing as what jwweb was asked to do: completely uninstall and then reinstall iTunes. I did this several times over the course of a couple of weeks, since I have a huge media library on my home network that is shared by all my macs/apple devices.

I've isolated the issue, but have not been able to get adequate assistance in resolving the problem in a practical way. At the moment, all I can do is eject the NAS from the desktop of whichever computer (Mac Mini or MacBook Pro) I am using to download from the iTunes store, then allow iTunes to save the download locally. After this, I have to reconnect the NAS and manually move the file over to the right directory on the NAS device, then point iTunes to its new location. This is such a hassle, but until Apple takes notice of the issue and creates a solution, this is the only work-around I've been able to come up with. For some reason, iTunes is no longer able to save the metadata/artwork to purchased or voucher-redeemed files (DVD/Blu-ray digital copy, for example.) Something in the latest iTunes update is keeping it from saving properly to the right directory over a network connection.

If anyone has any network expertise that can troubleshoot this, please advise. Manual drag & drop is becoming tedious.

May 21, 2012 5:16 PM in response to G[H]etto|Dalai|Lama

Hi to All,

I can see that this issue of missing Album Artwork is troubling lots of other iTunes users besides myself. It seem to manifest itself in a number of different ways and some have found temporary fixes or workarounds. I myself tried maually copying the artwork found elsewhere on the web and trying to paste it in the Artwork in 'Get Info'. This method, unfortunately does not work all the time. Basically, we are upset - no, annoyed, because there is a 'Get Artwork' feature in iTunes and we are talking about movies or tv shows or music that we've legally purchased and downloaded through iTunes!

What's going on Apple!!?? Is anyone in the Support group reading all these feedbacks??

Aug 10, 2012 7:15 PM in response to G[H]etto|Dalai|Lama

I see some say that it now works for them, but this is still a problem for me using iTunes 10.6.3 on OSX 10.8.

As psoon said it's quite disapointing that this effects content bought from the iTunes store but not if you buy a Blu Ray and rip then import it.

To see if I could determine any more details I've tried this on my NAS and a USB drive plugged into my Airport Extreme and it happens in both cases. I did try it with the USB drive directly connected to my Macbook Pro and to be honest I can't remember whether it worked or not, from memory it didn't so I went back to using the drive on the Airport Extreme as it was more convenient.

Happens for me on three different international stores.

I know it sounds like such a small thing and we're just complaining but it makes it hard to find things from the 'quick' menu of recent content on the Apple TV where only individual episode titles get displayed and half the time that's just 'episode x' but overall it just spoils the slick experience of using the "i" ecosystem of products...

Purchased TV show artwork isn't downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.