Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newest Java update does not support Tiger?

I am running Tiger 10.4.11 on a MacBook Pro. I needed to install the latest update to Java (Java for Mac10.4 Release 9) to run a within browser internet calling service. After I installed the update, I still could not login to the website, and it still asked me to update Java. When I wrote the support for the website they indicated to me:

"I've tried myself and it seems that the latest java is not supporting 10.4.11 Tiger anymore, but you need the latest java for running FriendCaller. For 10.4.11 their is no support."

Is this accurate? What can I do about this problem if it is indeed the case?

Thanks,

Chuleta

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on May 13, 2011 1:15 PM

10 replies

May 14, 2011 2:49 PM in response to BDAqua

Actually, one decent thing about the App Store (grudgingly admitted) only available from 10.6.6 on, is you can buy some of the iLife components for SL -- don't know which ones -- separately and inexpensively and don't need to buy the entire package. Don't know about iWork there, though. The OP should investigate first.

That way, one might get by with just the $29 Retail.

May 14, 2011 5:06 PM in response to rccharles

As BD has said there is no difference in the licensing. Hundreds of thousands of people have upgraded by just purchasing the Snow Leopard DVD. Apple only recommends the boxed set if you also want Leopard and iWork. The Snow Leopard DVD provides a full installer that will upgrade any prior version of OS X.

Newest Java update does not support Tiger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.