Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help finding accessories for my new iPad 2

I just ordered an iPad 2. I already got a case for it. I am looking for an adapter that will allow me to output my screen (video and audio) to my HDTV.

And I need recommendations for a bluetooth/wireless keyboard. I am hoping to get something for less money than the ones on the apple site.

Also, what is everyone's opinion on screen protectors for the iPad 2? Are they necessary? Is the screen scratch proof?

Posted on May 13, 2011 1:55 PM

5 replies

May 13, 2011 2:03 PM in response to KipDrordy

I am looking for an adapter that will allow me to output my screen (video and audio) to my HDTV.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC953ZM/A

And I need recommendations for a bluetooth/wireless keyboard. I am hoping to get something for less money than the ones on the apple site.

Just about any Bluetooth keyboard should work. I haven't seen many full-size keyboards that are significantly less expensive than Apple's, and buying Apple's would be less headache should you need support from Apple in getting it to work, so I'd suggest staying with Apple unless you have specific needs in a keyboard.

what is everyone's opinion on screen protectors for the iPad 2? Are they necessary? Is the screen scratch proof?

No screen is completely scratch-proof, but I've had two iPads since they were first released, using them extensively, and have never found any need for a screen protector beyond a normal case.

Regards.

May 13, 2011 2:15 PM in response to KipDrordy

You just paid top dollar for your iPad. I don't cut corners on accessories myself. The cable for outputing to your HDTV was designed by Apple and at a minimum, is the one I would buy. As to the wireless keyboard, I personally really like Apples wireless keyboard, but you can google wireless keyboards and find a plethora of them. If you check Best Buy and in the search bar enter iPad Accessories, you'll also find several options.

The screen is not scratch proof. So, you can scratch it. I tried a Zag screen protector on mine and absolutely hated it, so I took it off and currently my screen in naked. I typically take 'uber' 'super' care of my toys, so I'm not too concerned about scratching my screen. But, at some point, I will likely order PowerSupport's Clear film for mine. I really like the fact that PowerSupport film does not require solutions to be installed (it's a static mount film) and while you can get it in anti-reflective, it will (IMHO) diminish the readability of the larger screen on the iPad.

Anyway, just my .02 worth......

Dec 1, 2011 4:27 AM in response to KipDrordy

I plan to get the Zagg keyboard/case combo. Hard protective case, bluetooth keyboard in the same package to make the iPad kinda like a tiny thin laptop.

Could be worth looking into.

I have hte apple keyboard and it works fine. I think my only issue is you have to set the iPad on a table or whatever, then have the keyboard separate....great at a desk or table, not so great in more casual situations.

I tried the zagg screen, but installation is a witch. I have a generic one on there right now even though I keep the ipad in a folio case. It's almost more for ease of cleaning rather than scratches...you get finger grease on the screen all the time. I may eventually put the zagg on but it was very tough to install.

I need help finding accessories for my new iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.