5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2011 4:20 AM by MC_238
TNM1 Level 1 (5 points)

I have a problem with the latest itunes 10.2.  When i load itunes podcast tab it freezes. To sucessfully relaunch itunes, i need to delete the itunes.plist file in library/preferences directory and once i try to reload the podcast folder it freezes again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?  i deleted itunes and reinstalled with no success.

iTunes 10.2, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • Martin Miller1 Level 1 (15 points)

As you may notice if you search the support discussions you will see that many of us share exactly the same problem.  It started I think, after the last Windows 7 update but it may have started after I loaded the Itunes update.  Anyway it I first noticed it last week.  i.e. after 9th May.  ..

We are all waiting for an Apple Fix. 

APPLE, PLEASE ATTEND TO THIS SERIOUS PROBLEM

• amontano Level 1 (0 points)

Had same problem in my mac. Posted my solution in another discussion ( https://discussions.apple.com/message/15070695 ). It may work for windows too, you never know.

• Cheng Chen Level 1 (10 points)

I got same problem. It ***** that every time I had to rebuild my library to just got freeze again in new library.  APPLE release patch ASAP, or you are losing our trust for your product.

itunes version: 10.2.2.14

• Cheng Chen Level 1 (10 points)

I found a possible workaround. Firstly cut off internet connection of your computer, then open iTunes, hit Podcasts tab, then iTunes will hang for a while but not complete freeze, delete suspected podcasts that may cause freeze, lastly reestablish internet connection.

• MC_238 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the workaround Cheng. Worked for me.

I was in the middle of downloading 2 podcasts, but I think my internet could not keep up and so iTunes froze, and ever since force quiting itunes, I could not click the Podcasts tab without iTunes freezing.